welcome

This is my blog and I intend to update this regularly. I will log my progress in each one of my subjects and at the end of each week. I will try my best to keep this up to date.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

digital graphics:

As the name would suggest in this unit we studied the creation and editing of digital graphics, this involved working with photo shop, learning the hardware that is involved and then creating and editing an image. This unit started out like any; with plenty of theory work but as time progressed we began to do more practical tasks. Working with photo shop was a great experience and I enjoyed learning all that it had to offer. Our first assignment in this unit revolved around the hardware that is required to professionally capture and edit digital graphics using different software packages.  The following assignments where more hands on in the way that we had to capture/create 3 images to meet specific needs and then use photo shop to edit them to a more professional standard , after we did this we needed to make changes to our work depending on a review by another member of the class. This was helpful because it help to teach us how to meet a need or demand of a customer. Finally we needed to Wright about the resolution and colour depth we used and also we needed to give information on copy right and how it affects the creators of images. I found this unit to be engaging but at the same time challenging, I found my self learning new things about photo shop without realizing it at the time. I had done some simple work with photo shop before and had worked with gimp but now I can say that my knowledge of the software has been greatly increased.                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment